Oh my God, some people go to IKEA for fun

In Beijing, some people go to IKEA just for fun. This is very disturbing to me. Things must be very bad in Beijing if people take refuge in that disorienting hellhole. I don't remember things being so bad when I was in Beijing 19 years ago. But then I was a pampered tourist. I can understand wanting to escape from the heat, humidity, press of people, and gaudiness though.

I think my shock that anyone would spend leisure time there says something about how privileged I am.

Comments

ST said…
But what about the tasty french toast things and all the toys for Quinn to play with?
honeypiehorse said…
Well, yeah, they have childcare. Duh.

Popular posts from this blog

Snarking The Odyssey (with AD&D)

Where is 56th and Wabasha? "Meet Me in the Morning" Dylan Mystery Solved

Victim or perpetrator? How about both!