D&D-related weirdness

Lately, I've been obsessed with the idea of making D&D characters with silly names. There'd be "Stabulous the Fabulous", a charismatic dagger-wielding rogue, "Hackley Kerthwack", his fighter sidekick, and "Explosivus Blastembad", their pyromancer associate.

When I was very young, I actually made 4 characters "MU Shmoo" (Wizards were called Magic Users, or MUs back in 1st edition), "Cleric Crunch", "Fighter Fred", and "Grief, the Brief Thief".

I felt that if I did not write this down, the thoughts would continue to haunt my mind.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I suppose the "worst" character names I ever came up with would have belonged in a Dickens novel, though I can't recall any offhand.

In the 1st release of Wizardy, I did have a samurai character by the name of Quentin, though.
Anonymous said…
There was that Dragon article on Japanese names, because most players had no idea how to name their OA characters. The author mentions some examples from his campaign, including one "Sushi the Bushi."
Zachary Drake said…
I remember that article. It was titled "Whadda ya mean, Jack the Samurai?" I wonder if the cartoon "Samurai Jack" got its title from that article.

Popular posts from this blog

Snarking The Odyssey (with AD&D)

Where is 56th and Wabasha? "Meet Me in the Morning" Dylan Mystery Solved

Victim or perpetrator? How about both!