September baloney

Everyone seems to be talking about how September is going to be this big time of reckoning for the Iraq occupation. I'm pretty skeptical. Kargo X thinks the September talk is pure bullshit. I might not go quite that far; there probably is a lot of pressure from Congressional Republicans (and Republican Presidential Candidates) to get Iraq off the agenda before November 2008. But I think Kargo X is probably more right than wrong. I don't have high hopes that come September a bunch of Republicans are suddenly going to be cured of Bush delusion. I think they're just trying to kick the issue down the calendar a few months.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snarking The Odyssey (with AD&D)

Where is 56th and Wabasha? "Meet Me in the Morning" Dylan Mystery Solved

Victim or perpetrator? How about both!