Libya military intervention clearinghouse
- Here's a nice zoomable map of Libya so you can figure out where these places are.
- The UN has authorized war on Qaddafi.
- The rebels are currently not doing well and forces loyal to Qaddafi are pushing towards the rebel stronghold of Benghazi. There was a lot of fighting in the past 24 hours or so around the town of Adjabiya, which is about 90 miles to the south. Loyalist forces have moved onto the road from Adjabiya to Benghazi.
- A lot of the bloggers I've read think that it is not in the US interest to get into a war in Libya, and that we aren't thinking about the intermediate and long term consequences of military intervention there. These include Abu Muqawama from Center for a New American Security, Information Dissemination, Marc Lynch, and Andrew Sullivan, who has been particularly vehement in his opposition.
- Thomas E. Ricks blogging at Foreign Policy is in favor of military intervention ("Take Qadafi Out"), and quotes a former Egyptian diplomat who paints a relatively painless scenario of military action.
- Sullivan has a round-up of Libya reactions.