Internal Monologue endorses Obama!
UPDATE: OK, here are some reasons why I support Obama rather than Clinton:
- Clinton voted for the Iraq war. Obama voted against it. That should count for something.
- I think Obama has better chances against the Republicans (at this point it will probably be McCain, or maybe Romney)
- I think Obama is in general more liberal than Clinton. And I'm a liberal.
- I think Obama is less enmeshed in the Democratic establishment than Clinton. And I'm not fond of the Democratic establishment right now, what with all of its capitulating to Bush and fear of being called weak by Republicans.
- People abroad seem to like Obama more than they like Clinton. And I think a major task of the next president is going to be restoring America's moral stature. This is going to require a lot of work, but I think Obama will start out with more of a reserve of goodwill than Clinton will.
I could be wrong about some of these things. And my analysis here is not sophisticated. But it's enough to push me solidly into the Obama camp.