Tuesday, March 24, 2009

NY Senator Chuck Schumer backs gay marriage

Ben Smith, via MyDD:

Chuck Schumer reportedly told gay supporters last night that he now supports same-sex marriage — a 180-degree reversal, and an important moment in the marriage fight.

It's a big deal because it represents support for same-sex marraige moving toward becoming the default, mainstream position of the Democratic Party. Schumer's a New York senator, but he's also always been extremely careful to protect his right flank on issues like crime and gay rights.

His statement:

It’s time. Equality is something that has always been a hallmark of America, and no group should be deprived of it. New York, which has always been at the forefront on issues of equality, is appropriately poised to take a lead on this issue.


Yay!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lonely time I will also obtain from the runescape money memory warm, simultaneously will also look to oneself is getting more and more clear. After alone has lived period of time, had discovered me who, affirmative I and denial I the innumerable time dialog - - is friends with quite goes on living oneself innermost feelings in runescape gold carry on I who and must depressed get down, had loved I and already was determined now gives up between me dialog. I always did not know that I am originally mature and weak, intelligent and the superficial self-union become? Also did not know that runescape accounts these battles the self-between dialog also needs me to trace? Actually if the feeling is human who is alone in the world should positive reply these questions, and greets the new life.

7:54 AM, March 27, 2009  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Internal Monologue home