Atheist of the Day: Ani DiFranco


(Photo stolen from here. Probably orignally from Rolling Stone.)

I know there are some Ani DiFranco fans who read Internal Monologue, so they should appreciate that I have selected the singer/songwriter/record label owner as today's Atheist of the Day. The documentation is pretty solid. Here's a piece:

The Onion: Is there a God?

Ani DiFranco: Well, it depends on how you mean. In my book, no. I guess the quick answer would be "no" for me. I think, whatever my spiritual leanings are, that the deities are many and that we possess them. I do not assign responsibility to a higher being. I think that we're responsible to each other, and God is a metaphor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snarking The Odyssey (with AD&D)

Where is 56th and Wabasha? "Meet Me in the Morning" Dylan Mystery Solved

Victim or perpetrator? How about both!