Internal Monologue competition

I think this blog is suffering from competition from my other outlets of electronic expression. Back when I started Internal Monologue, it was the only outlet I had for wacky random thoughts or political grievances. Now, a lot of the brief thoughts come out as Facebook status updates, and the random Quinn stuff goes on Love and Survival with Fragile X. I even have a Twitter account, though I don't use it much.

Perhaps my unemployment will allow me more time to post here, though I find I don't have nearly as much time as I thought I would have. I'm spending a lot of time with Quinn, which is fun but tiring. I want to properly tackle the whole "covering Bo Diddley's "Bo Diddley"" problem that excited me a while back.

Anyway, I think there's definitely still a place for Internal Monologue, but like all publications it will be affected by the proliferation of new media outlets. Today the newspapers, tomorrow the blogs. I'm sure someone's out there developing a medium for those who don't have the attention span to read a whole Tweet. Carried to it's logical conclusion, there should be a service called "Hey!" that simply simply sends the message "Hey!" to all your connections when you press a large button on your phone's touchscreen. No other messages would be possible, but I doubt that many users would find this limitation all that restrictive.

[I sent this from my iPhone, so please excuse any excessive brevity or typographical errors.]
--Zachary Drake

Comments

Unknown said…
Hey!

(Translation: a cross-publishing tool would be very handy, wouldn't it; and I loathe the iPhone's text editing capacity, or lack thereof. Sadly I'm in no position to address either.)

Popular posts from this blog

Snarking The Odyssey (with AD&D)

Where is 56th and Wabasha? "Meet Me in the Morning" Dylan Mystery Solved

Victim or perpetrator? How about both!