Mandatory unpaid furlough

View of our office today from my chair looking back towards the entrance

My employer has placed everyone in the company on mandatory unpaid furlough for four weeks, and we are skeptical that we will ever be called back.

Since I was able to participate in the massive free money festival of the mid-to-late nineties at Microsoft, I suppose it is only fitting that I should also participate in the massive deflationary implosion of the late aughties.

The side benefit is that I'll have much more time to deal with all the other stuff going on in my life.

We will be fine. We have plenty of resources to get by, far more than the vast majority of people who are suffering in this downturn.

Now to figure out what I wish to do with myself...

Comments

Anonymous said…
So sorry to hear that!
Unknown said…
Really sorry to hear, though I'm glad to hear you've the resources to weather the storm.

Popular posts from this blog

Snarking The Odyssey (with AD&D)

Where is 56th and Wabasha? "Meet Me in the Morning" Dylan Mystery Solved

Victim or perpetrator? How about both!