CNN: idiots or wingnut shills?

Those are the only two choices when you allow a graphic like this to appear, in the context of hunting for Bin Laden:

I can see the Democratic Senator from Illinois and presumed presidential hopeful is getting lots of love from the graphic artists at CNN. Conflating "Obama" and "Osama" is pretty pathetic. It's bad enough people making sinister intimations about Obama's middle name (Hussein). To help compensate for this kind of stuff, I'm going to give Obama a free plug for his book on Internal Monologue. I haven't read the book; I'm just doing my part to compensate for the CNN smear:


From the amazon.com description:
Barack Obama's first book, Dreams from My Father, was a compelling and moving memoir focusing on personal issues of race, identity, and community. With his second book The Audacity of Hope, Obama engages themes raised in his keynote speech at the 2004 Democratic National Convention, shares personal views on faith and values and offers a vision of the future that involves repairing a "political process that is broken" and restoring a government that has fallen out of touch with the people.
You can buy it on Amazon.com here. Normally, I use Barnes & Noble for my book stuff, as I have a revenue sharing thing with them (which has so far netted me a total of $1.33. Blogging: almost as profitable as community theater), but their html code generator for book plugs is broken, which annoys me, so their competitor is getting the business instead. Don't just complain. Complain on your blog, and take action!

Comments

grishnash said…
I'm guessing idiots. They've put up equally ridiculous stuff before with an alarming regularity. Now of course it could have originated with a wingnut staffer trying to make a political point, but I wouldn't be surprised to hear that incompetance got it as far as the television screen. Fact checking and corrections seem to have gone out the window in journalism quite some time ago.
Zachary Drake said…
Wow. 18 times the speed of light. Call the Einstein police. That's pretty bad.

Popular posts from this blog

Snarking The Odyssey (with AD&D)

Where is 56th and Wabasha? "Meet Me in the Morning" Dylan Mystery Solved

Victim or perpetrator? How about both!