And he wonders why progressive bloggers don't like him


Not only is Lieberman advocating more war, he's raising money for a Republican Senator, Susan Collins (corrected-originally I said Olympia Snowe) of Maine. DailyKos and ActBlue have responded by holding an online counter-fundraiser for Snowe's Democratic opponent, Tom Allen. You can participate here. (I did.)

I think all the Democrats who supported Lieberman over Lamont, even after Lamont won the Democratic primary, should look at Lieberman's recent behavior and feel pretty foolish.

Comments

Anonymous said…
For the record, if you did your home work, you'd know that lieberman is raising money for Susan Collins - not Olympia Snowe. I guess it's easy for libs to think all republicans are the same, but isn't it a bit sexist to think all women are the same. Get your facts right. Snowe won reelection in November 2006 with 74% of the vote.
Zachary Drake said…
Oops- you're right. I got that one wrong. It's Collins, not Snowe. I apologize; that's a pretty stupid mistake.

In response to your comment, I do not think all Republicans are the same. But now matter how good a Republican you are, if you caucus with the Republicans, I think you are supporting an agenda to which I am vehemently opposed. I think the Republican leadership is deeply wrong about numerous very important issues: Iraq, torture, executive authority, and wiretapping, to name a few. That's why I'm opposed to all Republican members of Congress right now, regardless of their individual merits.

Popular posts from this blog

Snarking The Odyssey (with AD&D)

Where is 56th and Wabasha? "Meet Me in the Morning" Dylan Mystery Solved

Victim or perpetrator? How about both!