I am in my mid-thirties

Thanks to all who sent birthday well-wishes! For my birthday, one of the places Sarah took me was the Musée Mécanique at Pier 45 in San Francisco. They have a number of well-maintained classic video games, including Moon Patrol, Deathrace, Star Wars, and a Robotron 2084 on which both joysticks were fully functional. The latter occupied most of my attention. I managed to get the top 5 daily scores, and 5 entries on the all-time best table. On my best game I got over 220,000 points, though I must point out that the machine was not on a hard difficulty setting. I think in my heyday during my Microsoft years I could do better, but I'm glad I have retained some of my skills.

It has occurred to me that I am now definitely in my mid-thirties. There's no way to construe 34 as early thirties. If a decade of life is divided into three roughly equal parts (early, mid, and late), there is one extra year that has to be assigned to one of the categories. But even if you assign the extra year to the "early" category, there is no credible distribution in which 34 doesn't end up in the "mid" thirties.

Here's my proposed scheme:

0-3: early
4-6: mid
7-9: late

So mid-thirties it is for me!

Comments

ST said…
It's so nice to be with a mature man. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Snarking The Odyssey (with AD&D)

Where is 56th and Wabasha? "Meet Me in the Morning" Dylan Mystery Solved

Victim or perpetrator? How about both!