The Obama-Clinton moment everyone is talking about



Commentary from a reader at Sullivan's blog:

I was undecided up to now, but forty seconds of YouTube has decided me: There's a sword at Obama's throat. Hillary grabs the sword and brandishes it, gloating. Obama reaches out, takes the sword from her hand, and runs her through. What an aphoristic moment. Or as the YouTube commenters put it, PWNED.

In the larger context, this was a grievous unforced error on Hillary's part. In my eyes, her crowing reaction damages her as much as Obama's comeback benefits him. All she needed to do was listen politely as Obama squirmed, and the moment was hers. Instead, she reacted like a comic book supervillain and handed a superhero moment to Obama. I don't know who's got an exact count, but I suspect her team this season has racked up the most errors, both forced and unforced. In sport, that has a lot of significance. In politics, I think it's about to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snarking The Odyssey (with AD&D)

Where is 56th and Wabasha? "Meet Me in the Morning" Dylan Mystery Solved

Victim or perpetrator? How about both!