Democrats pick up House seat in Louisiana

Democrats win a special election in Louisiana's 6th district. With all the focus on the Democratic presidential primary, it's easy to lose focus on congressional races which are extremely important.

If you want to make your political dollars go further, my guess is that it's probably more efficient to donate to congressional races than to the presidential campaigns. The overall amounts of money are so much lower. You can make much more of a difference in a lower-profile race. ActBlue is a good place to look if you want to find a good place for your progressive dollar. I will still contribute to the presidential campaign. But I'll also try to point out some important congressional races, too.

I've been tempted recently to contribute to Obama, but I think I'm going to stick with the idea of waiting until the Democrats have their nominee and then contribute.

And remember, give early. Giving money to a candidate a week before an election just means more TV ads, which people are sick of by then anyway. Early money means more staff on the ground, better outreach, better fund raising buzz, etc.

By the way, it appears that Obama won Guam by seven caucus votes.

Comments

grishnash said…
Guam was effectively predestined to be a tie anyway, though. With only 4 delegates, a candidate would have needed over 62.5% of the caucus vote to get any result other than a 2-2 tie. Of course, coming away from Guam with a tie is worse news for Clinton than Obama.

In other news, I got my Democratic primary ballot today. I'll be sending it in once I nail down my picks for the local nonpartisan races...

Popular posts from this blog

Snarking The Odyssey (with AD&D)

Where is 56th and Wabasha? "Meet Me in the Morning" Dylan Mystery Solved

Victim or perpetrator? How about both!