Would you love me if I were a wookie?


In order to ascertain the profundity of my wife's love for me, I presented her with a series of sentient being types from the Star Wars universe, and asked her if she would still love me if I were a member of that species. Here are the creature types and her response to each:
  • Ewok: Yes
  • Wookie: Yes
  • Gungan: No (Jar-Jar ruined them for her)
  • Protocol Droid (e.g. C3-P0): Yes
  • Astromech Droid (e.g. R2-D2): No
  • Tauntaun: No
  • Rodian (e.g. Greedo): No
  • Jawa: Yes
  • Rancor: No
  • Sarlaac: No
  • Hutt: No
  • Yoda's unnamed species: Yes
  • Rodian (e.g. Greedo): No
  • Clone Trooper: Yes
  • Battle Droid: No
  • Sith: No
  • Someone who had Palpatine's facial deformity but wasn't actually evil: Yes
There may be others, but I have forgotten. I didn't ask every single creature type I could think of, but I think this is a pretty good sample. Overall, I'm pretty impressed by my wife's love for me. I'm a bit saddened that she couldn't love me if I was a gungan or a rodian; those species are pretty humanoid and they can speak. But I'm honored that wookie, ewok, Yoda's species, and Jawa are there. My wife emphasized that if it was really me, completely intact, trapped in the physical form of one of these creatures, she would love me no matter what form it was. But for purposes of this exercise, I was asking her to consider me as a member of the species in question, Zac translated from human into Ewok, if you will.

I highly recommend that everyone do this with their significant other. I think it reveals much.

Comments

grishnash said…
You could also do this with the Monster Manual of course... Then again, it's possible to go overboard with this:

Would you love me if I were an R1-series astromech?

Would you love me if I were an R2-series astromech?

Would you love me if I were an R3-series astromech?

Would you love me if I were an R4-series astromech?

Would you love me if I were an R4-series astromech with my head replaced by an R2-series dome?
Zachary Drake said…
Yes, but my wife is not familiar enough with the contents of the Monster Manual to make an informed decision on such matters. I could show her the pictures of course, but that does not fully convey the nature of the creature. I'd have to do a lot of explaining. My wife is familiar enough with Star Wars that the querry could be a simple process
Anonymous said…
In case you didn't realize, Grishnash is alluding to R4-P17.

"Would You Love Me If I Were a Flumph" is, I believe, a song by Robotulism.

Popular posts from this blog

Snarking The Odyssey (with AD&D)

Where is 56th and Wabasha? "Meet Me in the Morning" Dylan Mystery Solved

Victim or perpetrator? How about both!