Just got a very good deal on a laptop

I just got a very good deal on this Acer laptop from Best Buy, but the purchasing experience was a nightmare. I bought a floor demo model, and they couldn't get it out of the locked rack. They were trying all sorts of different keys, and when they finally unlocked it, the alarm went off. Then they had to wipe the Best Buy"attract mode" advertising stuff off it, which prevented me from taking it home last night. Today when I went to get it, they couldn't find the accessories: battery, power cord, manual, Windows license, etc. After about 45 minutes of their searching, I got so fed up (Quinn was with me and getting restless) that I told them I wanted to return it. Then a different clerk looked and found the stuff right away: It was in a bag labeled "Compaq" and the first clerk overlooked it. Overall, it was a parade of incompetence, delay, and annoyance. But now I got my new machine, and I'm getting it set up, so I might not be posting as much. Great price, lousy service. I think that's the new economy in a nutshell.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snarking The Odyssey (with AD&D)

Where is 56th and Wabasha? "Meet Me in the Morning" Dylan Mystery Solved

Victim or perpetrator? How about both!