Glowing review of 4th Edition Dungeons & Dragons

Massawyrm wrote a 3-part glowing review of 4th Edition Dungeons & Dragons (part 1, part 2, part 3):
Let me just say this upfront. I. Love. 4E. And I didn’t want to. Much like many of you out there, the 3.5 partial reboot just five years ago pissed me off. But we’ve spent 8 years now with the better part of this system. And hell, even 5 years is a long time. But Massawyrm, you’re thinking you don’t know how much I’ve spent on 3.5. No? Here at the Casa de la Wyrm we don’t have a D&D bookshelf. We have a D&D closet. It’s where I keep my boxes of Dwarven Forge Master Maze, my big plastic bins of D&D Minis, and two long shelves of over $1000 in 3.5 books. But just 2 weeks into playing 4E, I boxed up every non-fluff heavy book I owned, drove down to Half Price Books and sold them for as much cash as I could get. I knew I would never, ever, touch them again. Yes. 4E really is that good. It is the XBOX 360 to your XBOX. And it is time to upgrade my friends.
The folks on this thread at Maxminis think Massawyrm is being something of a shill. Here's Shottglazz:
This has got to be the most servile, pandering review of any game product I've ever seen. Hell, I've read reviews by company employees that weren't this glowing, sunshine-out-of-the-butt cheerful. Anyone that I've conversed with on here knows I'm not happy about the changes to the game - but even if I was, this review would have me sceptical. Unless WotC has managed to do the impossible (release a game system with no flaws/bugs) then the reviewer has not IMHO, done his job.
I just want to get my hands on the rules so I can judge for myself!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snarking The Odyssey (with AD&D)

Where is 56th and Wabasha? "Meet Me in the Morning" Dylan Mystery Solved

Victim or perpetrator? How about both!