The logical consequence of fetishizing virginity in a capitalist society

This person is auctioning off her virginity. Allegedly, the bidding is up to $3.8 million.

Question: How do we know she's really a virgin? For that much money, I can picture someone lying. Operations can be done to restore or fake a hymen. And I bet the cost of those operations is less than $3.8 million. And a hymen isn't really an accurate gauge of virginity in the first place: By the time you're 22 it's likely to have ripped for other reasons. Normally I think obsessing about whether someone is a virgin or not is weird. But she's making an issue of it by attaching a monetary value to it. I almost hope she's lying about it, that would make her more devious and clever and admirable.

Question: Why would someone pay $3.8 million for sex with this person?

Question: Does the person who bid $3.8 million actually have it? Are they bidding in good faith?

Question: Assuming the deal goes through, will the buyer feel they got their money's worth? I've had some good sex in my time, but after shelling out $3.8 million I'm likely to have some buyer's remorse. If she is in fact a virgin, it's unlikely she's going to be that good, especially because her relationship with her deflowerer will be so mercenary.

Question: Has she ever saddlebacked? Or had other forms of non-PV sex? If so, does her buyer agree that she's still a virgin?

I'm not sure what my overall reaction to this is. I guess my strongest reaction is bewilderment that people are willing to shell out so much money to have sex with someone who claims she's a virgin.

Comments

ST said…
Her reasoning is pretty interesting from an academic point of view. Still, it's hard not to avoid the emotional reaction of "ewe".

Popular posts from this blog

Snarking The Odyssey (with AD&D)

Where is 56th and Wabasha? "Meet Me in the Morning" Dylan Mystery Solved

Victim or perpetrator? How about both!