Quote of the Day

I may as well admit that I have been more influenced (as a person) by my childhood readings of Tolkien and Lewis than I have been by any philosophers I read in college and grad school. The events and characters in Narnia and Middle Earth shaped my ideals, my dreams, my goals. Kant just annoyed me.
N. D. Wilson via Sullivan. I wasn't just annoyed by Kant; I think I managed to pull something from his dense prose with the help of my college professors. But Kant's creations certainly didn't get incorporated into my personal mythology the way Tolkien's did. Lewis I enjoyed, but somehow it didn't sink in as deep. The possible exception would be C. S. Lewis' Till We Have Faces, which is his best work that I've read.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snarking The Odyssey (with AD&D)

Where is 56th and Wabasha? "Meet Me in the Morning" Dylan Mystery Solved

Victim or perpetrator? How about both!