Debate reaction

I thought it was pretty much a draw: of course I like Obama a lot better, but I thought McCain did a decent job of stating his positions. I don't like those positions, but I figured that folks who liked him before the debate would continue to do so. In a way, this is probably a loss for McCain, as he's behind and needed a major shake-up, which I didn't see. Also, if people were nervous about Obama's newness on the scene, I think they might be reassured by Obama's calm demeanor and ability to handle the issues.

Apparently, undecideds favored Obama a great deal. And CNN's poll says Obama won.

Sullivan has a roundup of reactions (an earlier one here). Many are similar to my own.

Mark Halperin at TIME gives Obama an A- and McCain a B-.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snarking The Odyssey (with AD&D)

Where is 56th and Wabasha? "Meet Me in the Morning" Dylan Mystery Solved

Victim or perpetrator? How about both!