Irrelevant political identity trivia


Apparently, Obama is a Dylan fan:
Wonder shares room on Obama’s iPod with "everything from Howlin’ Wolf to Yo-Yo Ma to Sheryl Crow," he says. "And I have probably 30 Dylan songs on my iPod." Though he’s partial to 1975’s Blood on the Tracks, "Maggie’s Farm" is "one of my favorites during the political season," says Obama. "It speaks to me as I listen to some of the political rhetoric."
Liking the same music is not a reason to vote for someone. But I do get a thrill when thinking that the probable future president of the United States likes some of the same music. Blood on the Tracks is an excellent album. In my guitar playing days, I could play and sing every song on that record (yes, including the long ones like "Tangled Up in Blue", "Idiot Wind", and "Lily Rosemary, and the Jack of Hearts"). One of the most touching things an ex-girlfriend ever said to me was that after we broke up, she had to go buy a copy of Blood on the Tracks because I wasn't around to sing those songs any more.

What would be even more cool than liking Dylan would be filibustering retroactive telcom immunity, supporting gay marriage, and going to a mosque to talk about America and Islam.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snarking The Odyssey (with AD&D)

Where is 56th and Wabasha? "Meet Me in the Morning" Dylan Mystery Solved

Victim or perpetrator? How about both!