Obama's campaign manager lays out the situation
Mr. Plouffe, if you're going to use your laptop's webcam, please don't sit with your back to a bright window. The auto-brightness function makes it hard to see your face.
Summary for those who don't want to watch the whole six and a half minutes:
- McCain's going to have trouble taking any of the states Kerry won in 2004
- Obama's got all kinds of possibilities to win states Bush won in 2004, including some unusual places like Georgia, Alaska, Montana, and North Dakota.
- Even in places Obama is unlikely to win, the campaign is spending resources to build the party and help Democrats in local races.
- But the Republican National Committee has almost $50 million more than the Democratic National Committee.
- So please give Obama some money.