Biden's"Macaca" moment

I'm quite late reporting this:
I think everyone and their sister has heard by now that Joe Biden called Barack Obama the first mainstream African-American - not mainstream African-American presidential candidate, mind you, mainstream African-American - to be "articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy." And basically everyone, correctly, considers this more than a tad racist and in all probability lethal to Biden's campaign.
Of course for something to be lethal to Biden's campaign, Biden's campaign must be alive to begin with. I've not heard too many folk speak highly of his chances even before this incident.

Comments

Anonymous said…
While looking for an interesting post I once saw on Bush's increasing disfluency, I came accross this.
Zachary Drake said…
That is a good analysis of the "Biden comma". I guess I'll listen to what he has to say, but I know very little about him.
Anonymous said…
Yeah, that was satirized on The Daily Show, if you saw that. He added a lot more punctuation than just that comma.

But what's interesting about the Languagelog article is that it provides pretty good evidence that the transcription was moronic if not outright malicious.

Popular posts from this blog

Snarking The Odyssey (with AD&D)

Where is 56th and Wabasha? "Meet Me in the Morning" Dylan Mystery Solved

Victim or perpetrator? How about both!