D&D Minis day!

(Photo of the Thrall of Blackrazor (my MVP of the day) from TrollandToad.com)

Light posting today because I spent the day at the 3rd California DDM Open!

I did OK, coming up 11th place out of 21 people. I stayed in the "top tier" tournament, rather than dropping down to the lower tier after the 3rd game. I lost my next two games, however, and ended up at the bottom of the top tier tournament. I ended the day with a 2-3 record, and then had 1 bye in the final round to end the day 3-3. I felt pretty good about this showing. I played well, especially for not having played in a major tournament in a long time. I had some bad luck which contributed to some of my losses, but then I had some good luck, too.

Thanks to Ben Matzen for warband construction advice and for lending me the black dragons. If your curious, I played the following band:

Ryld Argith
Large Black Dragon x 2
Thrall of Blackrazor [yes, that's Blackrazor, the soul-sucking sword from S2:
White Plume Mountain!]
Hyena x 2
Orc Warrior x 2
Map: Drow Outpost

I probably should have substituted a warrior skeleton for one or both of the orc warriors.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snarking The Odyssey (with AD&D)

Where is 56th and Wabasha? "Meet Me in the Morning" Dylan Mystery Solved

Victim or perpetrator? How about both!