I am great! I scooped the great Glenn Greenwald!

Ooh! Ooh! In another edition of "famous people saying what I said after I said it", we have this 4/30 Greenwald post:
Warning that anonymity makes bloggers so "scary" and "irresponsible," while demanding anonymity to voice that criticism, is ingenious. And the anonymous quote is predictably being touted in right-wing circles as proof of how savage liberal bloggers are.
Which says basically the same thing I said here on 4/28:

There you have it: Anonymity supposedly amplifies the "totally mean and irrational" parts of the blogosphere. But this reporter (one Carla Marinucci) is willing to grant this "key state Democratic strategist" anonymity so that this strategist can...launch a "mean and irrational" smear against bloggers in general.

This has been a general refrain of the mainstream media and political pundits: Demanding that bloggers be held to standards that they themselves do not adhere to. We are not impressed.

And to read my blog, you don't have to sit through an ad from Salon.com! Of course, we were both reacting to this Atrios post, so it's not like I really scooped anybody.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snarking The Odyssey (with AD&D)

Where is 56th and Wabasha? "Meet Me in the Morning" Dylan Mystery Solved

Victim or perpetrator? How about both!