Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Gen Con Adventure! (a little exercise in Flash)


The next exercise in my Flash CS3 self-teaching regimen is this little text-based Gen Con simulator. I think those of you who have been there or heard me talk about might enjoy this little romp through game geek culture. It requires a Flash plug-in, which your browser probably already has. Pretty soon I'll actually learn how to animate things...

Update: The game can also be found here if my Yahoo! GeoCities bandwidth quota gets used up and you can't access the game from the links above.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Pablo said...

Hilarious. I like the celebrity autograph line, which just keeps going.

11:59 PM, September 19, 2007  
Blogger Sarah said...

I thought the "end of convention" part was missing something - the excitement, actually, the complete and utter longing you feel - to be reunited with your lovely wife and adorable son as soon as possible!

6:40 AM, September 20, 2007  
Anonymous Ron said...

Love the simulation, Zac. Especially the part about trying to pick up women -- "Humiliation and Failure!" That's great! Isn't it good to know that early traumas are so fruitful of later artistic triumphs?

12:56 PM, September 20, 2007  
Blogger Zachary Drake said...

Thanks for the positive feedback. I've never actually had the nerve/foolhardiness to try pick someone up at Gen Con. But I've experienced failure and humiliation of that sort in numerous other venues. Yes, it's fun that through a combination imagination and recollection, we can take the ore of experience and smelt it into the metal of art. Or something like that.

12:50 AM, September 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Internal Monologue home