Wes Clark endorses Clinton

I just got an email from Wes Clark that he's endorsing Hillary Clinton for president. I'm not sure what I think of this. Obviously, it means Wes Clark isn't running. But what do I think of his Clinton endorsement? I want someone firmly anti-occupation, firmly progressive, and more people-powered than establishment powered. I don't think Clinton fits the bill. Obama, Edwards, Dodd, Richardson, Gravel, and Kucinich have offered pieces of what I'm looking for in a candidate. But none of them have broken out of the pack for me. Of course I'll support Clinton if she's the nominee. But I do hope that as the public starts paying more attention to the nomination process, the Iraq occupation issue will bring another candidate to the fore.

I wonder if Clark is getting anything in return for this early endorsement. Secretary of Defense or something? VP? Who knows. Maybe he thinks she's the right person for the job.

UPDATE: Over at MyDD, Jerome Armstrong is thinking similar thoughts:
Pretty big endorsement. I've long stated that a Clinton/Clark ticket would be the strongest were Clinton to become the nominee. I went ahead and asked him if he'd consider the position, and he of course deferred;)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Clinton is the most competent candidate. Greenspan's praise of her husband and dishing of Bush will help her.

She will manage the withdrawal from Iraq well. We do not want to mismanage the withdrawal like Bush has mismanaged the occupation.

I think a Clinton/Richardson (Hispanic)tiacket would be bonkers.

Popular posts from this blog

Snarking The Odyssey (with AD&D)

Where is 56th and Wabasha? "Meet Me in the Morning" Dylan Mystery Solved

Victim or perpetrator? How about both!