Even Joe Lieberman now wants to end Iraq occupation

Matt Stoller at MyDD compares Lieberman's switch on the war to Richard Nixon's statements about how he wanted to end the war:

Nixon and Lieberman are very similar politicians, and it's not just that they both liked to use murky slush funds.

On Ending the War

EXAMPLE ONE

"I want peace as much as you do." - Richard Nixon, 11/3/69

"No one wants to end the war in Iraq more than I do." - Joe Lieberman, 10/18/06

EXAMPLE TWO

"I want to end the war." - Richard Nixon, 11/3/69

"I want to help end the war in Iraq." - Joe Lieberman, 8/11/06

On Support for the War

"Many others -- I among them -- have been strongly critical of the way the war has been conducted." - Richard Nixon, 11/3/69

"I have been very critical of a lot of the mistakes the Bush administration has made in Iraq." - Joe Lieberman, 10/18/06

While I'm glad Joementum finally has come around, it's rather late and politically suspect.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snarking The Odyssey (with AD&D)

Where is 56th and Wabasha? "Meet Me in the Morning" Dylan Mystery Solved

Victim or perpetrator? How about both!