Stephen Colbert on D&D



I love the part where Stephen Colbert talks about meeting Len Lakofka at GenCon 10. The Assassin's Knot rocked, especially for the time it was released: 1983. My only objection was that Colbert mentioned the spell heal light wounds, but I'm almost sure it should have been cure light wounds.

And unlike Colbert, getting a girlfriend didn't stop me from playing Dungeons & Dragons. Neither did getting a wife, or even getting a son. I'm hardcore.

And in no way did D&D Online: Stormreach make tabletop D&D obsolete. I haven't even played Stormreach.

Comments

Anonymous said…
OMG, I totally fell for his "nerd-trap": when he said "lawful good paladin" I said, outloud I might add, "Is there any other kind?" But that's exactly what he wanted me to do!!

Popular posts from this blog

Snarking The Odyssey (with AD&D)

Where is 56th and Wabasha? "Meet Me in the Morning" Dylan Mystery Solved

Victim or perpetrator? How about both!