Silly Web Stuff: How many Americans have your name?

HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are:
37
people with my name
in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?

(HT: rubber hose) Excellent! I only have to defeat 36 other "Zachary Drake"s before I can be the only Zachary Drake in all of America! Except for all the Zachary Drakes that have arisen since the 1990 census, as apparently this site uses that data. But those Zachary Drake's would either be young, inexperienced whelps or recent immigrants not yet wise in the ways of our land, so they should not present too much difficulty.

My wife would have a much more difficult time playing this game which I've dubbed "Name Highlander" ("There can be only one!"), as she would have to defeat 2,369 other people to lay sole claim to her first and last name. Interestingly enough, my son Quinlan apparently has no fellow first namers in the country, but 8,309 people have Quinlan as a last name. The shorter form of his name, Quinn, is much more common.

Another fun name applet is the Baby Name Voyager, which allows you to see how a name's popularity has risen and fallen over the years. It can tell you, for example, that people generally stopped naming their kids "Rupert" and "Enid" in the 1950's.

Comments

Anonymous said…
38 with my name. And surely you don't think that one extra person will give you a significant head start?
Anonymous said…
Thanks for this fun post. An ideal game for my new-mommy-addled brain. Politics are still a bit of a stretch for me. But looking up my son's name? So fun.
Zachary Drake said…
38 with my name. And surely you don't think that one extra person will give you a significant head start?

Those with your name are irrelevant to my quest, as is whether or not you achieve your quest before or after I do. When I say "There can be only one!", it refers only to the battle among Zachary Drakes. It does not mean that there can be only one person to win Name Highlander. Indeed, many people with unique names have already won a degenerate version of Name Highlander (degenerate in the mathematical sense, not the moral sense). These people are irrelevant.

Popular posts from this blog

Snarking The Odyssey (with AD&D)

Where is 56th and Wabasha? "Meet Me in the Morning" Dylan Mystery Solved

Victim or perpetrator? How about both!