Christians pray at golden bull for wealth

From the "Their reality has lapped our satire" / "No, this isn't The Onion" department, we have this picture of people, who purport to be followers of Christianity, praying at a statue of a bull on Wall Street for economic recovery:


Ah, it pains me to realize that the people doing this probably have no sense of the deep ironies involved. I bet they mean well. And I, too, am scared of financial catastrophe. So perhaps it is cruel to mock them. But c'mon people. A golden bull?

Comments

d. said…
Hey! I've seen this before! This is the part where Charlton Heston comes down the mountain, and he is NOT a happy panda.
Bjetsey said…
wow, that is *awesome*.
Anonymous said…
Okay, Charlton Heston being "NOT a happy panda" made me spit coffee.

That picture and the article are totally made of win.

But not as much win as the fact that my word verification is "COWmwv"

Popular posts from this blog

Snarking The Odyssey (with AD&D)

Where is 56th and Wabasha? "Meet Me in the Morning" Dylan Mystery Solved

Victim or perpetrator? How about both!