RSS rocks

I just set up my RSS reader using Google's reader app. I don't know why I didn't do this earlier. It's especially useful for the iPhone, which is pretty slow at websurfing. Basically, an RSS reader lets you "subscribe" to as many blogs as you want, and puts all of their posts in one place. So you don't have to surf over to each blog individually, and download all the ads and formatting. I do miss the individual look of each blog: DailyKos isn't the same without all the orange, I expect Digby to have a yellow background, Atrios' should be on pale blue, etc. But the efficiency is well worth it.

Comments

ST said…
Dude, even your wife had RSS before you! But then again, you do have a very geeky wife.
Anonymous said…
LJ's rss reader lets you set colors for individual blogs (well, unfortunately, just the side-bar with the title, not the text of the blog itself). I'd be surprised if Google didn't have a similar feature.

Popular posts from this blog

Snarking The Odyssey (with AD&D)

Where is 56th and Wabasha? "Meet Me in the Morning" Dylan Mystery Solved

Victim or perpetrator? How about both!