Pachelbel's Canon in D: The most overplayed melody

Before there was Stairway to Heaven or Hotel California or Bohemian Rhapsody (all great songs), there was Pachelbel's Canon in D. I first remember encountering this music in the TV show Cosmos with Carl Sagan. Needless to say, I have bumped into it many times since. I've even put it on a mix CD for my wife, so I'm guilty of spreading it, too. Apparently, a comedian by the name of Rob Paravonian has had enough of that melody and the countless places it turns up. Here's what he has to say (HT: Mad Latinist).

Comments

Miguel said…
One of my favorite bands, Ratatat plays a version called Tacobel Canon on their new album.

Popular posts from this blog

Snarking The Odyssey (with AD&D)

Where is 56th and Wabasha? "Meet Me in the Morning" Dylan Mystery Solved

Victim or perpetrator? How about both!