Phantom Menace of the right wing: "Stridently Secular Politicians"

Atrios has trackbacks again! Yay! As a reward for his good behavior, I will link to this small item (links being the primary positive reinforcement tool in the blogosphere):
Who are all these stridently secular politicians? Nobody ever says, but they keep writing the same column over and over about them.
Maybe the stridently secular politician is…me! It seems highly unlikely, given that I haven’t been elected to anything since my college D&D group decided that I would get to be Dungeon Master. But this isn’t the first time I’ve vastly underestimated my own reach. And I certainly can’t think of any well known “stridently secular politicians”. If anyone discovers any, please bring them to my attention.

Comments

Anonymous said…
My LTTE to the L A Times on this topic:

Where's this "stridently secular rhetoric" Gregory Rodriguez hears Democrats
haranguing? Could he give us just one example?
I'm one of those white mainline Protestants who's horrified by the
Republican Party's pandering to televangelists and megachurchers who follow
the almighty dollar and power on earth instead of following Jesus. I much
prefer the Democrats' position on church and state.
Zachary Drake said…
Thank you for stopping by, and thank you more for writing that letter. It's heartening to hear mainstream protestants speaking out on these church-state issues in support of the Democratic position. I'm often harsh on religious beliefs on this blog, but I'm glad that many Christians see the separation of church and state as a good thing for the church, too.

Popular posts from this blog

Snarking The Odyssey (with AD&D)

Where is 56th and Wabasha? "Meet Me in the Morning" Dylan Mystery Solved

Victim or perpetrator? How about both!