Bush: Neville Chamberlain of our time?

In this post, Sullivan talks about how Bush misjudged Putin. It struck me that among numerous faults, Bush is a very lousy judge of human beings. Being suckered by Putin is just one example. Remember Chalabi? Was Bush “able to get a sense of his soul”, just like he did with Putin? Of course, there’s the crowd of people he’s appointed, such as Rumsfeld and “heck of a job Brownie”. Now of course I disagree ideologically with his choices, but that’s not what I’m talking about. In the cases of Rumsfeld and Brown, they just aren’t/weren’t up to doing their jobs. Even if I was as hawkish a neo-con as they come, I’d still be calling for Rumsfeld’s firing, because he’s just doing a lousy job executing the war.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snarking The Odyssey (with AD&D)

Where is 56th and Wabasha? "Meet Me in the Morning" Dylan Mystery Solved

Victim or perpetrator? How about both!