Ann or Adolf? Obey Godwin's Law...

…and take the Quiz! I got 12 of 14 correct. Andrew Sullivan claims 13 of 14! Can you get a perfect score? The challenge is to decide whether each quote about Liberals comes from Ann Coulter or Adolf Hitler! I was able to tell in most cases, but I found myself relying stylistic “tells” rather than substantive ones. Of course the quotes were selected to be similar, and the usual disclaimers about how Ann Coulter isn’t really a Nazi, hasn’t invaded Poland, hasn’t killed millions of people, etc. apply.

(Wikipedia has a definition of Godwin’s Law.)

Comments

DP said…
I got 14/14, mainly by paying attention to style.
Zachary Drake said…
Thanks for stopping by dp! Congratulations on your perfect score! It's the first I've heard of. It's sad that one has to look for stylistic quirks to differentiate two. It would be nice to be able to tell the Coulter quotes about Liberals by seeing that they were less vitriolic, less insane. But that's not how you can tell.

Of course, we have to keep in mind that the quiz was made to show how similar their opinions were. Still, the fact that the quiz maker could find 14 quotes that really made you have to think which was which shouldn't be dismissed out of hand.
grishnash said…
The rule that got me 13/14 was that the more well-written ones were Hitler.
Blou said…
Yikes, I only got 9/14. I kept on mixing the two in my head, only to realize, hey they're really not that different. Go figure.
Zachary Drake said…
Thanks for commenting Blou. 9 out of 14. Ouch. Well, it's a hard quiz. Thanks for stopping by!
Anonymous said…
I got 11/14.

Popular posts from this blog

Snarking The Odyssey (with AD&D)

Where is 56th and Wabasha? "Meet Me in the Morning" Dylan Mystery Solved

Victim or perpetrator? How about both!