A cell phone adults can't hear? Maybe I'm not an adult...

Here’s a story from AMERICAblog about a cell phone ring that adults aren’t supposed to be able to hear. It’s a very high frequency, and high frequencies are the first to go as hearing loss sets in. Well, I CAN hear it. But maybe by the time my future son gets a cell phone, I won’t be able to hear it. Of course by then, our cell phones should be able to stimulate our brains directly and we can be done with this primitive business of bashing air molecules around to produce sound waves.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I must be old: I can hear it, but only just. It would be too easy to miss if I decided to lock up my child(ren). Even if I removed the door from their bedroom.

Of course there was that story previously about using this principal AGAINST teenagers: setting up speakers to play annoying noises in the high frequency range in places where their presence is not desired.

Popular posts from this blog

Snarking The Odyssey (with AD&D)

Where is 56th and Wabasha? "Meet Me in the Morning" Dylan Mystery Solved

Victim or perpetrator? How about both!