2004 Amelie Cabernet - Merlot

OK my dad and I drank the free bottle of wine I got tonight. Well, we drank half of it, because I'm a total lightweight. It was pretty good. I'm not much of a somelier, but I could tell there was something going on. Here's what its own website says about it:
Aromas of vanilla and oak, along with blackberry and mocha will greet you upon opening a bottle of this rare gem. Blackberry continues in the mouth along with cassis, ripe plums, and a brambly fruit character. As the wine opens up it reveals hints of black cherry which intensify over time (one of the true signatures of the Mankas Hills Vineyard). The addition of Merlot to this wine adds a nice full mouth texture and softens the impact of tannins into a gracefully long finish.
Well, I didn't have quite the experience described here, but the "black cherry" stuff was no bullshit. I actually did taste it, and not at first, but after holding it my mouth for a while like I imagine a real wine snob would. And it did "intensify over time".

I guess that's about as much free publicity as a vineyard deserves for sending me a bottle of wine (3 posts). Mainly I'm glad to see them taking the World Wide Web and blogs seriously. For that alone I'm grateful. I wish them success.

Now if I could only get Wizards of the Coast to send me free D&D stuff, I'd be on cloud 9.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snarking The Odyssey (with AD&D)

Where is 56th and Wabasha? "Meet Me in the Morning" Dylan Mystery Solved

Victim or perpetrator? How about both!